Jennifer and I had our wedding shower today, and made off like bandits.
It was at her aunt’s house. We played some games and got a whole lot of stuff. We got enough towels to fill a washing machine, two sets of cups, two of silverware, an electric griddle, a crock pot, a Wal*Mart gift card, a bread box, and a bunch of other stuff. Not a bad haul, considering how few people showed.
Our aforementioned wedding has been moved to 29 Oct 05, and is to be a Halloween theme. I don’t think it is the greatest idea for a wedding, but it is what will make Jennifer happy and little else concerns me. We are to be wearing costumes; she’ll be wearing some kind of vampire dress while I will have a classic zoot suit, an American classic.
Our registry has changed; any well-wishers may visit Wal*Mart to get us stuff if you are so inclined.
- Learn to work the toilet seat. If it’s up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don’t hear us bitching about you leaving it down.
- ALL men see in only 16 colors. Peach is a fruit, not a color.
- If you won’t dress like the Victoria’s Secret girls, don’t expect us to act like soap opera guys.
- If you think you’re fat, you probably are. Don’t ask us. We refuse to answer.
- Don’t cut your hair. Ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair.
- One of the big reasons guys fear getting married is that married women always cut their hair, and by then you’re stuck with her.
- Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect present yet again!
- If you ask a question you don’t want an answer to, expect an answer you don’t want to hear.
- Sometimes, we’re not thinking about you. Live with it.
- Don’t ask us what we’re thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.
- Sunday = Sports. It’s like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.
- Shopping is not a sport, and no, we’re never going to think of it that way.
- When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.
- You have enough clothes. You have too many shoes.
- Crying is blackmail.
- Ask for what you want. Let’s be clear on this one:
- Subtle hints don’t work.
- Strong hints don’t work.
- Really obvious hints don’t work.
- Just say it!
- No, we don’t know what day it is. We never will. Mark anniversaries on the calendar.
- Peeing standing up is more difficult. We’re bound to miss sometimes.
- Most guys own three pairs of shoes. What makes you think we’d be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?
- Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
- Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That’s what we do.
- Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
- A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.
- Check your oil.
- It is neither in your best interest nor ours to take the quiz together. (No, it doesn’t matter which quiz.)
- Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument.
- All comments become null and void after 7 days.
- If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
- Let us ogle. We’re going to look anyway. It’s genetic.
- You can either tell us to do something OR tell us how to do something, but not both.
- Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
- If it itches, it will be scratched.
- Beer is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.
- If we ask what’s wrong and you say “nothing”, we will act like nothing’s wrong. We know you’re lying, but it’s just not worth the hassle.
- Don’t ask for our opinion unless you really want it. If you’ve already made up your mind, then just do it and leave us alone.
- Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know we really don’t mind that, it’s like camping!
Wow, two email virus posts in as many days! Whats wrong with me?
When you are drinking by yourself, you can just say to yourself, “Man, I’ve had too much; I’m going to bed.” But when you are drinking with friends (or a date) you are more inclined to say “I’ve had too much; lets stop after this next one.” Then you get sick.
Don’t ask how my date went.